OUR DIVERSE HISTORY
During the summer of 1947, the Holy Spirit led S.B. Crawford, H.L. Gordon and D.C. Springer to found the First Baptist Church in Goodland. The dedication and personal sacrifice of these three families was a major contribution to the church that we worship in today. In the spring of 1948, the church progressed from meeting in the Crawford home to a small basement church. Next, an old school house was purchased and placed on the basement foundation. In 1954, the church broke ground on a new building at 425 Center Street in Goodland. Then in 1962, a parsonage was purchased across the alley (east) from the church. There are no original members left today; however, the church has a number of members who have been active for many years.
THE OLD ALCO BUILDING
In the late 90's, the congregation considered an expansion and remodeling of the church. As time progressed, it became evident that remodeling the old building was not in the best interest of the church. In 2004, the decision was made to sell the parsonage and begin the search for a new church. The Lord opened the doors for an opportunity to move to 1121 Main Street on December of 2005. This was a step of faith, as this new facility would not be the traditional church setting, but would provide us with great opportunities to witness in the downtown area. During renovation we continued to meet for Worship in the old church until 2006, when we accepted an offer to sell the building and our last service in the old church was February 24th 2007. Because the new facility was not completed, we held services at Bateman's Funeral Home. We finished the new building and held our first service in our present location on February 2nd 2009.